- Levecke B. et al., 2014. Anthelmintic efficacy of single-oral dose 500 mg mebendazole in school children in six countries where soil-transmitted helminths are endemic: a meta-analysis. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 8:e3204.
- Vercruysse J. et al., 2011. Assessment of the anthelmintic efficacy of albendazole in school children in seven countries where soil-transmitted helminths are endemic. Plos Neg Trop Dis 29:e948.
- Montresor A. et al., 2011. Cure rate is not a valid indicator for assessing drug efficacy and impact of preventive chemotherapy interventions against schistosimiasis and soil-transmitted helminthiasis. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 105:361-363.
- Keiser J. and Utzinger J. 2008. Efficacy of current drugs against soil-transmitted helminth infections: systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA 299:1937-1948.
- World Health Organization, 2013. Assessing the efficacy of anthelminthic drugs against schistosomiasis and soil-transmitted helminthiasis. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Diawara A. et al., 2013. Association between response to albendazole treatment and β-tubulin genotype frequencies in soil-transmitted helminths. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2247.
- Diawara A. et al., 2013. Molecular and biological diagnostic tests for monitoring benzimidazole resistance in human soil-transmitted helminths. Am J Trop Med Hyg 88: 1052-1061.
- Vercruysse et al., 2011. Is anthelmintic resistance a concern for the control of human soil-transmitted helminths? IJP: Drugs and Drug Resistance 1:14-27.
- Diawara et al., 2009. Assays to detect β-tubulin codon 200 polymorphism in Trichuris trichiura and Ascaris lumbricoides. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e397.
- Schwenkenbecher JM. et al., 2007. Characterization of β-tubulin genes in hookworms and investigation of resistance-associated mutations using real-time PCR. Mol Biochem Parasitol 156:167-174.
- Albonico M. et al., 2004. Molecular analysis of the β-tubulin gene of human hookworms as a basis for possible benzimidazole resistance on Pemba Island. Mol Biochem Parasit 134: 281-284.
- van Wyk JA, 2001. Refugia: overlooked as perhaps the most potent factor concerning the development of anthelmintic resistance. Onderstevoort J Vet Res 68:55-67.
- Martin PJ. et al., 1989. Detecting benzimidazole resistance with faecal egg count reduction tests and in vitro assays. Aust Vet J 66:236-40.
Monitoring drug efficacy
- Levecke B. et al., 2015. Mathematical inference on helminth egg counts in stool and its applications in mass drug administration programmes to control soil-transmitted helminthiasis in public health. Adv Parasitol 87:197-247.
- Vercruysse J. et al., 2012. Human soil-transmitted helminths: implications of mass drug administration. Curr Opin Infect Dis 25:703-708.
- Montresor A. et al., 2011. Cure rate is not a valid indicator for assessing drug efficacy and impact of preventive chemotherapy interventions against schistosomiasis and soil-transmitted helminthiasis. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 105:361-363.
- Levecke B. et al., 2011. Novel insights in the fecal egg count reduction test for monitoring drug efficacy against soil-transmitted helminths in large-scale treatment programs. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1427.
- Levecke B. et al., 2011. Monitoring drug efficacy against gastrointestinal nematodes when faecal egg counts are low: Do the analytic sensitivity and the formula matter? Parasitol Res 109: 953-957.
- Kure et al., 2015. Comparison of individual and pooled stool samples for the assessment of intensity of Schistosoma mansoni and STH infections using the Kato-Katz technique. Parasit Vectors 8:489
- Barda B. et al., 2015. How long can stool samples be fixed for an accurate diagnosis of soil-transmitted helminth infection using Mini-FLOTAC? PLoS Negl Trop Dis 9 :e0003698.
- Cooke IR. et al., 2015. Analysis of menisci formed on cones for single field of view parasite egg microscopy. J Microsc 257: 133-41.
- Cringoli G. et al., 2013. Geospatial (s)tools: integration of advanced epidemiological sampling and novel diagnostics. Geospat Health: 399-404.
- Levecke B. et al., 2011. A comparison of the sensitivity and fecal egg counts of the McMaster egg counting and Kato-Katz thick smear methods for soil-transmitted helminths. Plos Neg Trop Dis 5:e1201.
- Speich B. et al., 2010. Comparative cost assessment of the Kato-Katz and FLOTAC techniques for soil-transmitted helminth diagnosis in epidemiological surveys. Parasit Vectors 3:71.
- Levecke B. et al., 2009. Field validity and feasibility of four techniques for the detection of Trichuris in simians: a model for monitoring drug efficacy in public health? PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e366.
- Verweij J. et al., 2014. Molecular Testing for Clinical Diagnosis and Epidemiological Investigations of Intestinal Parasitic Infections. Clin Microbiol Rev 371–418.